Thursday, June 16, 2005

Texas Sunset


TxSunset2
Originally uploaded by nieve44.
I take a Yoga class once a week and at the end we meditate and take our minds back to a place where time stands still and is a fond memory for us. In my mind, I go back to this place and sit at the edge of the pier meditating on sunsets like these. BTW, this place is out in the country near a small, small town called Yorktown, Tx. My friend has about 50 acres out there. When I first went out there, I couldn't stand the silence. Last time I went, I couldn't get enough of it and besides what nature provided...coyotes howling at night and birds singing during the day. An infinite number of stars at night and deer passing by at dusk.

5 comments:

Just Me said...

oh so very beautiful, luz. funny how we have preconceived notions about places. i wouldn't have thought lakes like this in texas. it just goes to show you...never make assumptions.

Junniper, MPA said...

Oh, that's pretty. Definitely a great side of Texas.

Borya said...

that's an impressing pic. well done.

Wendy said...

This photo is breathtaking. It's interesting what you were saying about "taking our minds back to a place where time stands still" I was just marvelling at how that is exactly what this photo does...like a moment in meditation.

Martin said...

That's a really wonderful photograph. I can see why you would take your mind back to this place. It's an ocean of serenity.