Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Last night while driving home in the fog and mist, I text message (while waiting at the red light) my niece to "be careful driving because it was masty". I actually meant to type nasty but was in a hurry because I was sitting at the light. She said her and co-workers just laughed at that. As my niece was driving home, she had her windows down and for some reason there was just a bad smell all around Houston and so she texted me to tell me it was "smasty"....S for smelly, M for misty and 'asty" for nasty and thus she came up with a new word-SMASTY! We went and did some quick Christmas shopping after she got home and while driving around we were just cracking up at the word. A goofy evening we had!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
We just got done having our office holiday luncheon complete with a white elephant Christmas gift exchange and someone made the comment that, "crappy wrapped gifts are the best gifts". Note to self...always go for the crappy wrapped gifts! ;-)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I wish I could take them all and give them a home for the holidays. Just breaks my heart and melts it as the same time. So much was lost and taken from Hurricane Ike. My prayers go out to those who lost so much. I have a lot to be thankful for. Ok, I'm getting my Christmas spirit back.
Another sleepless night here in Htown, which kind of goes with the foul mood I was in earlier yesterday afternoon. For months I had been planning a long awaited vacation to New Mexico...specifically Albuquerque and Santa Fe. I was going to attend the Ottmar Liebert Concert in Rio Rancho and meet up with two fellow fanmencas... Desert Diva/Cheryl and Linda but the show was cancelled! Even as early as Saturday morn we were eagerly making plans to meet up on Thursday and take in the spirit of the season by spending time in Santa Fe. Then the ball dropped and talk about major dissappointment and now major "bah humbug" and I think I speak for Cheryl and Linda as well. All weekend I was in denial about the cancellation but the final blow came when I cancelled my flight Monday afternoon. Thankfully, Southwest Airlines gave me a refund credit for future travel so yeah for Southwest but boo for Rio Rancho and the venue that cancelled the concert. Needless to say my Christmas Spirit has all but dissappeared, gone! Not to mention that I am now going to work Thursday and Friday of this week as well. I was all set for an early holiday vacation!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My great grandmother
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
only if I can count my niece and nephews!
IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
no comment! ;-)
DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Absolutely not! I'm the biggest chicken!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Lucky Charms of course!
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Dulce de Leche
RED OR PINK?
WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
Calvin, my old parakeet--I swear he was human!
WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Music by Ottmar Liebert of course!
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Anything on a grill
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
highlighted black ;-)
DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
not like I used to :-(
SCARY MOVIES OR SAPPY ENDINGS?
Alvin & the Chipmunks-love that movie!
WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Depends on who I'm with!
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD
WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
the sound of water-
ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Corpus Christi, Texas
Saturday, December 06, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? There's a difference!?
2. Real tree or Artificial? This year-Real!
3. When do you put up the tree? Definitely, not on Thanksgiving or the day after!
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Jan 1st. and before holiday break is over.
5. Do you like eggnog? Too much!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm, can't remember and must not have been that good if I don't remember!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Mom!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Dad!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Sadly, I broke the last one I had. Definitely need to get another one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? No e-cards 4 me!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A bad cold!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie/Music? Winter Rose by Ottmar Liebert.
13. When do you start shopping? Sometime after the 15th!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Dare I tell?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Tamales, of course!
16. Lights on the tree? Never enough!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Rocking around the Christmas Tree!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Mostly travel before Christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Si, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen,Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen. Rudolph ...Chulo!? ;-)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Depends who I am celebrating with.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? If it feels like summer when it should be winter!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Penguins!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Back home with family in Corpus.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? The same thing I always want year after year...A white Christmas!