Thursday, June 30, 2005
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Sunday, June 26, 2005
In the stillness, you can hear the rhythm of your breath...
Thanks Mario for the words and the inspriation for it was just as I rememberd in that moment of consciousness of the world around me.
Friday, June 24, 2005
I feel special now!
Monday, June 20, 2005
* The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
* The trees are whistling for the dogs.
* The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
* Hot water now comes out of both taps.
* You can make sun tea instantly.
* You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
* The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
* You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
* You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
* You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
* You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.
* Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
* You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
* The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
* Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
* The cows are giving evaporated milk. Ah, what a place to call home.
God Bless Our State of *TEXAS !!*
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Sunday, June 05, 2005
It's back to work on Monday after a week's vacation. While the week went by fast it was full of surprises. I can't go into details right now but will say that sometimes we are so busy looking ahead that we forget to look behind and see the beauty that we're passing up along the way.
...The sign that I couldn't read, or a light that I couldn't see, all those signs, if only I knew what they meant. Some things you have to believe,
but others are puzzles, puzzling me*
*I borrowed words from the song "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay as this week signs went flying by me at the speed of sound.
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Friday, June 03, 2005
Thursday, June 02, 2005
I'm on vacation this week and since I didn't travel outside of Houston physically, I decided to leave Houston mentally. I treated myself to a Reiki massage on Thursday. Reiki (which is pronounced "ray-key") is a laying-on of hands healing technique that is thousands of years old. It is a Japanses technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Originally, it was a Buddhist practice.
During the massage I felt a wonderful glowing radiance that flowed through me and around me. Frankly, the therapist massaged me as a whole person--spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally. I've been on an emotional high all day.
Frances Garza is a modern day Curandera--a healer of sorts. She encouraged me to meditate on a daily basis of which I had been neglecting to do so. No more excuses and no more failing to make time. Thus, I will close this blog and end my day with silence by taking my mind on an extended vacation.