Thursday, September 28, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Friday, September 22, 2006
"It's a good thing I had a bag of Marijuana
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Daily Libra Forecast...
Quickie: Let go of your expectations today ... accept the rate at which things are moving.
Overview: Are you subconsciously trying to fulfill someone else's expectations? You need to drop their script and figure out whom you are, what you want to do and how you want to live. It's time to be bold.
Hmm! How do the stars know?! Sometimes they can be so wrong and sometimes they can be so right!
Numbers: 25 is to 48 plus 25 and what would be 73
Friday, September 15, 2006
when you've been hit by the...
...WINE TRUCK.......... '"
___. _..._..._______====___... ] -
WHEN GIRLS DRINK TOO MUCH............
1. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHERE OUR PURSE IS.
2. WE BELIEVE THAT DANCING WITH OUR ARMS OVERHEAD AND WIGGLING OUR BUTT WHILE YELLING "WOO-HOO!" IS TRULY THE SEXIEST DANCE MOVE AROUND.
3. WE'VE SUDDENLY DECIDED THAT WE WANT TO KICK SOMEONE'S ASS AND HONESTLY BELIEVE WE COULD DO IT TOO.
4. IN OUR LAST TRIP TO PEE, WE REALIZE THAT WE NOW LOOK MORE LIKE A HOMELESS HOOKER THAN THE GODDESS WE WERE JUST FOUR HOURS AGO
5. WE START CRYING AND TELLING EVERYONE WE SEE THAT WE LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH.
6. WE GET EXTREMELY EXCITED AND JUMP UP AND DOWN EVERY TIME A NEW SONG PLAY'S BECAUSE "OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!"
7. WE'VE FOUND A DEEPER/SPIRITUAL SIDE TO THE GEEK SITTING NEXT TO US.
8. WE'VE SUDDENLY TAKEN UP SMOKING AND BECOME REALLY GOOD AT IT.
9. WE YELL AT THE BARTENDER, WHO WE BELIEVE CHEATED US BY GIVING US JUST LEMONADE, BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE WE CAN NO LONGER TASTE THE GIN.
10. WE THINK WE ARE IN BED, BUT OUR PILLOW FEELS STRANGELY LIKE THE KITCHEN FLOOR (or the mop?)
11. WE FAIL TO NOTICE THAT THE TOILET LID'S DOWN WHEN WE SIT ON IT.
12. WE TAKE OUR SHOES OFF BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT WE'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WALKING STRAIGHT.
...yes, on a few occassions I've been hit by the same truck. Numbers 1, 5, 6, & 7 hit close to home!
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Last week, I came across Junniper's Blog-"Five Years Later" and it got me thinking about that solemn day. In some ways, it feels like eons ago and in some ways it feels just like yesterday. I was watching "The Today Show" as I do every weekday morning and heard them break live to show photos of the towers. At that moment, I just thought another airplane accident had happened. There was a caller on the phone talking to the two hosts while they were showing live photos of the Tower 1 when I heard her say, "Oh my God, another plane hit" and you could actually see the object hitting the tower. The moment the towers collaspsed my knees began to shake so bad that I sat down on the edge of my bed. At that moment, I really believed the world was coming to an end! I immediately began thinking of my friends in New York and Jane (my current roomate) who was flying in from the West Coast. After a few tense hours and several calls, all were fine-thank goodness.
However, I worried about one special friend (former roomate)-Corinne for you see she is a Medical Examiner in NYC. She, like the rest in her field had the grim task of dealing with the aftermath. Her family was worried about her for she had been working non-stop for several days but Corinne being the professional that she is persevered.
Monday, will be a difficult day for all Americans but persevere we must. Each of us will have our own solemn way of remembering 9/11. I plan on stopping by a church and lighting a candle followed by prayers for faith, hope, love and peace.
BTW, ironically two weeks ago-Corinne's husband was shipped out to Germany as he is a reservist in the U.S. Army. My thanks to him and all those who have sacraficed by serving our country since that September day.