Thursday, December 02, 2004

NBC Nightly News

Tom Brokaw signs off humbly, with gratitude.

On Wednesday, NBC evening news anchor-Tom Brokaw signed off with his last broadcast. I'm not much for news but when I did watch the only channel I turned too was NBC. As I sat and watched his last broadcast, I was teary-eyed as were other millions of TV watchers across the country. I was awed by his closing remarks, which were done with grace & eloquence. Certainly important passing words for our generation:
"Brokaw said he learned "more than I have time to recount this evening, but the enduring lessons through the decades are these: It's not the questions that get us in trouble, it's the answers. And just as important, no one person has all the answers...He cited his long-standing admiration for the World War II generation, subject of two of his books. They did not give up on the idea that we're all in this together. We still are."

No comments: