Friday, December 17, 2004

Arbolito #1


Arbolito
Originally uploaded by nieve44.
Music: Fom Texas for a Christmas Night
by Tish Hinojosa
Mood: Glowing

"Arbolito que brillante estas! How familiar is our yearly talking. Every year leaves its traces of dreams and embraces of Christmas' past. Laughter, friends and relations, and noche de paz..." Tish Hinojosa is a singer from Texas who lives in Austin and one of my top 5 artists. When I first heard her song of Arbolito and some of the lyrics above it felt like she was writing about my Christmas' past. Every year I embrace my arbolito and yes we have our yearly talking.

3 comments:

Borya said...

Are these penguins down there? How is the atmosphere in Houston these days? How warm/cold is it? I have no idea, please describe it.
Last night the snow came and will stay over the holidays. I'll take a pic of our christmas tree, try to catch the atmosphere + post it.

Luz said...

Borya,
Yes, those are penguins underneath the tree. I love penguins and have collected several dozens of them over the years. Those are my holiday penguins.
As for the weather, well for its cool outside. Saturday's high was around 65 (warm) but overnight lows will be in the 40's. Tuesday and Wednesday it will be warming up but then another blast of cold air will blow in on Thursday with highs expected only to be in the 40's and overnight lows in the 20s. :-) Still waiting for that illusive snowfall. THe last time it snowed in Houston was in 1975...we got a grand total of THREE inches! There has never been a white Christmas in Houston. :-(

Borya said...

Now I have to recalculate Fahrenheit in Celsius! :-)
We have ongoing snowfalls here. Unfortunately I can't take pics at the moment. We have a nice little arbolito in our garden, covered with snow now. Today's my Mum's 60s birthday. She made a cake and we have Irish coffee. I already was out to clean the garage from snow, wearing a cap I bought in Russia. I enjoy that very much (although I'm not really fit).