Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Navidad 04


Navidad04
Originally uploaded by nieve44.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Finally bought my usual Charlie Brown Christmas tree! All that's missing is the icicles! Remember those days back when? However, if I had to choose between icicles and flocked trees then I would choose icicles. Time to brew some hot tea, put on Ottmar's "Christmas + Santa Fe" and dream. Dream of a world with no war, only peace. Dream of a baby born in a manger on a cold winter's night. Dream of a world with no "haves" and "havenots". Dream of a warm fireplace and snow falling outside...a winter wonderland.

4 comments:

Borya said...

The warm fireplace you can get at Kym's, the falling snow here. The dreams are up to you.

Kym. said...

BTW, Luz, have you got a photo of the whole tree, too?
Kym.

Victor said...

In Houston you dream of a "winter wonderland"?? I was in Florida last week and had to laugh at the Christmas tree stand where they were flocking trees to look like snow! Should have taken a picture - but I guess that's just trying to capturing the "ideal Christmas"!

Since you mentioned the "Charlie Brown Christmas tree" - one of my favorite parts from that show is when Linus says, "I never thought it was such a bad little tree.. Maybe it just needs a little love." And then of course the tree comes to life and shows it's true self! Well, something to be said for that! Keep dreaming the good dream!

Borya said...

Sounds strange to me celebrating christmas in a warm region with a christmas tree. On the other hand, when you take a look at the mangers woodcarved in my town, you get the impression that Jesus was born in Upper Bavaria. And I'm sure some people do think so.
So when celebrating christmas in a serious way in Florida, I'd think of a decent and calm dinner under palms. Why not? You don't need to have a winter wonderland for christmas, to feel comfortable and happy. Plus I'm sure in Betlehem there was no snow at all.
Alas, I know what associations a winter wonderland wakes. And everybody should at least one time in his life experience a christmas in such surroundings. So Luz, when that day comes, prepare for it to being ... fresh. :-)