Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Orleans Cemetary


NOLA Historical Cemetary
Originally uploaded by nieve44.
Given the Disaster that has happened from the hurricane, I went back to my files and came up with this photo. I was in New Orleans last August. The day before we left we decided to take a trolley tour to the Historical Cemetary. I took this photo as at the time I found it surreal that a lone chair sat in front of this masoleum and even more sureal that it was backless.
My heart is heavy with the news from New Orleans. Now comes word that Houston will assist some of the evacuees from the Superdome as they will now be housed in the Astrodome. There has been a call for volunteers to help out and I've added my name to the list. Tonight, I'm paying my bills and made out a check to the American Red Cross. A call to all other bloggers to do the same as the Hurricane disaster will affect us all in one way or another.

No comments: