Friday, August 05, 2005

April, Come She Will

April, Come She Will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain:
May, she will stay.
Resting in my arms again.
June, she'll change her tune,
In restless walks, she'll prowl the night,
July, she will fly
And give no warning to her flight.
August, die she must
September I'll remember
the autumn winds blow chilly and cold...
Ottmar blogged about owning a turntable and the fact that he still plays an LP every now and then. Tonight, I went into my closet and randomly grabbed an LP. As I did, a smile came on my face remembering this LP and the many times I played it. The name of the LP is Simon and Garfunkel: The Concert in Central Park. I"m off to go and enjoy the rest of this LP and enjoy a nice cold one too.
Music: Simon and Garfunkel
Mood: Merry
Spirits: Dos Equis XX

4 comments:

Just Me said...

luz: have you bought many of the albums you own in cd format? i figure the ones that stand the test of time (for me) are the ones i end up buying again: music that you just can't leave in the past. but boy, do i have some obscure albums...carolyn mas is the one who comes to mind. maybe time to take inventory.

Luz said...

Actually, I've only bought a few and they were ones I came across on sale or cd's that were used. I too need to go and take inventory. In fact, one day I need to go and database all the music I own in LP, cassette & CD format. I just own so many that it would take me awhile to do that. Now that downloading is available, I find myself burning more cd's and adding to my collection. I don't go out and buy many whole cd's which is good. ONe thing I miss about LP's is the album art.

Borya said...

I hardly have LPs left. Cds were good for me as I don't relly get into that download thing. Cover art? You have flickr in the future? Well, I guess it will have some nice features and we won't have a choice to make the best out of it. So let's stay thrilled.

Wendy said...

I never collected many albums...my big sister had them ALL so I just went with that. But I did have 8-track tapes...how embarassing! My Dad bought me a player and they were "popular" at the time. After that everything was on cassette. And did you ever collect 45's??? Oh gosh it seems so long ago!
Simon and Garfunkel, what a great random choice luz!