Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Smooth!

Music: Smooth by Santana
Mood: Rockin

I'm listening to music by Carlos--he ROCKS. No wonder OL is such a fan of his and with good reason. Just like Ottmar his guitar playing is so distinctive. I love the song Smooth on SuperNatural...I still can't get enough of that song and that CD. Just like Santana and Ottmar, Rob Thomas is so smooth. If you look up the definition for smooth you can find the following descriptions: even or gentle in movement, pleasing to the taste, having an easy, flowing rhythm or sound, polished, soothing. Another artist that I've become a big fan of is Chris Botti and his music is so smooth. Finally, Bono from U2--there's just something about him! So, I'm wondering who some of you might think is smooth as my list can go on and on? Boris, I think you're smooth too! :-)

2 comments:

Borya said...

Hey Luz, you made me laugh out loud for the first time today!! Thanks! But come on - not via the net!! ;-) You know what, I'm just having a little exchange with two writers of guitar magazines in Germany because I want to make them publish an article about OL. Though thinking that it's a nice idea, one of them is quite reluctant because his magazine focuses more on e-guitar and bass (So why not about Jon Gagan's album? I still have to suggest this.). He even says that he personally dislikes OL's music. Can you imagine that!! The power of writers! Guys like him decide about OL's popularity here. Anyway, he said also that he knew how much Santana favours Ottmar + that Carlos would know what he's talking of. I hope this guy gives an article second thoughts. Anyway, he recommended a Carlos interview in which Carlos talks about OL. It's from 1996 and in German. Still have to get it.
What Santana's music is concerned, I find the new schtuff pretty cool but I like the old albums more. The instrumental songs with that awful lot of percussion like Jingo or the erotic of Black Magic Woman.
Bono - this man got it, no? So charming, such a voice. When I was younger, sometimes I dreamed of being like him ... :-P

Borya said...

A little surprise: check my entry about the LE! :-)