Saturday, November 20, 2004

Book of Secrets

Music: Book of Secrets-Loreena McKennitt
Mood: Secretive


If you've never listened to the Books of Secrets CD by Loreena it really is a beautiful piece of work for all you music lovers out there with a taste for ecclectic music. She has always been one of my favorites. The perfect CD to play on a day like today here in HTown where rain is the current forecast. I started thinking about my own book of secrets and there are many. Some that are dying to be told but shall remain within my soul until the right time of disclosure--if ever. Some weeks ago, I divulged a secret to a friend and I was apprehensive about my disclosure but it was heartening to know that she embraced my fraility with open arms. It brought us to a deeper understanding of one another. While I won't share that secret with you, I realize I may have invoked some curiosity for some of you readers out there and so I will disclose another secret.

When I was a young kid about 5 I was caught at a Woolworth's stealing marbles and stuffing them into my brothers pockets. We almost got away with our loot except that one of the pockets had a hole and so marbles started falling everywhere, which of course drew the attention of a sales lady. The next thing I know, there's a hand reaching out to me and in a deep voice, she said, "young lady come with me". BUSTED!!! They took us to the front of the store and booked me!!! Just kidding. My parents were called on the intercom and they were so embarrassed then and probably would be now if they knew I was divulging this secret. To this day, everytime I see a bunch of marbles I chuckle and check my pockets for any holes.



2 comments:

Borya said...

You know these little books called poetry books that the girls had in school? I hated it back then writing something in it or putting a picture in. But now I really miss it. Wouldn't it be nice when meeting someone to give her/him your poetry book to make that person write a little entry? Not in the sense of "It was nice to meet you" but having a whole small page to make something out of it - or not, depending.

Junniper, MPA said...

Your story about marbles reminds me of my little sister. About 2 years ago when she was 6, I took her to the store with me to get a few things. Well, on our way out, those security detectors went off.

So I this very nice security lady and I tried for several minutes to figure out why the detector was going off. We swung my bags through, I walked through, and it wouldn't go off anymore. So we walked through again, and they went off again. So I looked down and my angelic sister and noticed a little buldge in her jacket. She fully put one of the Polly Pocket things under her coat! She was SIX! I was so embarassed. Needless to say the little klepto was in big trouble when I told my mom what she did. :)