Monday, November 15, 2004

KatheWolf/Connections


KatheWolf
Originally uploaded by nieve44.
Music: Blue Dreamdrops/Ottmar Liebert
Mood: Pensive


My blogger pal-Boris got me thinking and looking back. Some 20 years ago I took a trip to Europe and visited Italy, Austria, Germany & France. Quite frankly, it was an amazing trip that changed my life and my way of thinking, still to this day. I met some amazing people that I will never meet again but yet we made a connection. I made a connection with Kathe Wolf...we stayed in her house for a short two days and upon leaving I took this picture of her outside her home that she so graciously opened to tourists. She was a gregarious woman who owned a beautiful german shepherd. I wish I could remember the dogs name! Anway, tonights blog is about connections...I think in today's hectic world, we dont make enough connections. I've never met my blogger friends...Boris & Kym but I have a sense of connection with them that goes beyond our love of Ottmar Liebert's music. In my line of work at the college I get the joy of making some lasting connections with some of my students. I know I've made a difference in their lives and little do they know they have made a difference in mine. So thank you to Boris, Kym and to Kathe Wolf for their lasting connections albeit far or near, past, present or future or through the magic of the internet.

2 comments:

Borya said...

:-)
Hey, this I planned to be reason # 5 or 6 for blogging! Not yet! I wonder what Käthe Wolf is doing and if she's remembering her guest. How old was she back then?
Pensive mood. Isn't there a device called Pensieve in Harry Potter where Dumbledore puts the memories in he has no use for?? Wouldn't it be great to have such a Pensieve everyone of us, so that we could sit down next to it and watch our past like a movie?

Kym. said...

Luz, it's mutual! It started with OL's music, of course, but it sure has got - how do you call? - a spin off? I'm really, truely eager to meet Fanmencos some day. Let's keep our contact warm, shall we? Nothing obliged, but only because we like it!
Kym.

P.S.
I hope you will like it here in Holland, too!