Friday, January 21, 2005

"Amor Real" ("True Love")

Univision Debuts 'Amor Real' - an Unforgettable Love Story of Epic Proportions; Sweeping Tale Set in Turbulent 19th Century Mexico


My roomate's been making fun of me watching a Mexican Soap Opera because I'm always making fun of my parents who are watching "telenovelas". I started watching this soap because there's been so much talk about it, which is simply stunning as it is set in the mid-1800's and is considered by some as Mexico's "Gone with the Wind". It boasts a lavish set with stunning locations and painstakingly detailed costumes. This novela transports the viewer into another era--an era that I never knew existed in Mexico which is one of aristocracy. The sets and costumes of this spectacular period are absolutely beautiful.

The production, led by internationally acclaimed producer Carla Estrada, was two years in the making and required the participation of over 1,000 actors, extras, technicians and artisans and is considered one of the most ambitious projects in the history of the novela genre... and may I dare say puts Gone with the Wind to shame.


YES, I'm hooked onto Channel 45 @ 8:00 p.m.

2 comments:

Kym. said...

...I haven't watched TV for more than 10 months now... It's a miracle because I used to be a TV addict. Now I don't remember me watching any soaps particularly... BUT(here comes another confession) I'm a big fan of "Little house on the prairie". My ex hated it! :-P I read the books, too, I even have the cook book of Laura!
Kym.

Unknown said...

You are not alone my friend. I am addicted to Amor Real...if you have any doubts visit the shrine I made to it... I think it was exceptionally well done...