Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bah Humbug


Bah Humbug
Originally uploaded by Nieve44/La Luz

Another sleepless night here in Htown, which kind of goes with the foul mood I was in earlier yesterday afternoon. For months I had been planning a long awaited vacation to New Mexico...specifically Albuquerque and Santa Fe. I was going to attend the Ottmar Liebert Concert in Rio Rancho and meet up with two fellow fanmencas... Desert Diva/Cheryl and Linda but the show was cancelled! Even as early as Saturday morn we were eagerly making plans to meet up on Thursday and take in the spirit of the season by spending time in Santa Fe. Then the ball dropped and talk about major dissappointment and now major "bah humbug" and I think I speak for Cheryl and Linda as well. All weekend I was in denial about the cancellation but the final blow came when I cancelled my flight Monday afternoon. Thankfully, Southwest Airlines gave me a refund credit for future travel so yeah for Southwest but boo for Rio Rancho and the venue that cancelled the concert. Needless to say my Christmas Spirit has all but dissappeared, gone! Not to mention that I am now going to work Thursday and Friday of this week as well. I was all set for an early holiday vacation!

3 comments:

Desert Diva said...

You mean I'm not the only one with a deflated holiday spirit? I'm going to work as well. Bah Humbug!

Sandi said...

Too bad you guys couldn't have still met and just enjoyed all the lights. And taken photos. Hope the holidays start looking up for you.

Kym. said...

...oh...
Sorry to hear this :(
But the photo of the tree above tells me that your Holiday spirit has come back now... right?
Let's just hope for better things to come :)
Kym.