Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Numbers/Continuum...

...Continuum of numbers


9.5.2006
90
76
70
150
9
50
6
1.13.2007
4
47
35
1
1023
4029
4049
~~~~~~~~~~
Unfortunately, these were just a few of the numbers
that were running through my head last nite
in the midst of a stifling 90 degrees inside our apartment!
Over the weekend, the A/C went out but thankfully its fixed
and now I"m happy to say that 76 is the new 70
AND, I don't have to hear a fan blowing miserably hot wind.
Anyways, during my tossing and turning numbers
once again rolled in my head.
Finally, it's the 9th month--one of my favorite
as it heralds the end of summer and this evening
the north wind sure felt good on my skin.
One fifty is the new me--in about 6 months--I hope,
but not before 47 crosses my path next month,
YIKES--but hey 47 is the new 35!
Fifty is golden and a jubilee to celebrate on 1.13.2007
with just 4 months of pre-planning.
1 is the amazing new CD by Ottmar Liebert that kept me
calm when I thought I was lost this past weekend
in a drive through the countryside.
Thanks Mario for sharing your copy
and can't wait till I get mine!
The last three numbers are personal and so we'll just keep it at that--
besides if I tell you then I'd have to.....

2 comments:

Cristina said...

What an original post, Luz. Loved it!

Junniper, MPA said...

Happy ninth month to you!