Saturday, July 29, 2006

Numbers....

97
.23
1.618
13-3-2-21-1-1-8-5
71
34
6
114
14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Numbers! So many numbers! They rules our lives! If we let them! Wikipedia states that: A number is a mathematical concept used to describe and assess quantity. Yes, that ever popular subject of Math rules our lives every day! Still, I cannot convey enough to my students that Math is part of every day life!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, what do the numbers above mean for me!? Well, one is the amount of money I have left in my main checking account--I don't get paid till Monday! :-( I have another checking account for rainy days but it's not raining today and I've been depleting that account too much of late too! One number is the temperature of what it feels like outside at this very hour that I am typing and we're not even at the peak of afternoon hours as it's only 11:30 that I am typing this. One number is the number to my office of which I will be spending quite a bit of time in the upcoming month. This past Thursday, I didn't get off work till after 9:00 p.m. A few of the other numbers are related to the current book that I am reading. Anyone care to guess what book that is?! Hint--Phi! Yes, I"m late reading it but better late than never!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, one of the above is the number of days left until I take a quick trip to New Mexico--of which I cannot wait for. It will be a very quick trip but I plan to enjoy every minute of it! It will be a Fanmencotastic time! Now back to the other thing that rules my life--CLEANING! I love Wikipedia! BTW, what numbers rule your life?!

1 comment:

bella said...

I was horrible at math in school and don't find that I'm much better at it now! I must say that the numbers of my birthday do show up a lot.