Friday, July 14, 2006

Ant(s)

Word of the Day:
````````````
Wikipedia states that: As of 2006,
there are 11,880 known ant species,
most of which reside in hot climates
and that Ants have colonized almost every
landmass on Earth.
....including my bathroom shower!
`````````````````````````
I've been trying to figure out where the heck they are coming in from and I've yet to pinpoint the point of entry! UGH! :-( The temperature s outside have been hovering in the mid 90's and when you factor in the humidity that spikes up the temps to over 100 and with no rain! Thus, the ants have decided to come marching inside! They seem to be everywhere...at the office, bathrooms and kitchens! Any suggestions for how to get rid of them!?
...Update! I found the culprit and reason for the ants which were sugar ants who appeared because I started using a sugar scrub from Bath & Body Works. I pulled the scrub jar from the shower and POOF...ants are gone! I also found their point of entry and exit! I still want to keep using my sugar scrub and thus have Windex and cinnamon readily available. If need be, I will mix the boric acid too! Matt...still looking to get some Avon Skin So Soft! Thanks for all the suggestions!

5 comments:

MT Callahan said...

Avon Skin So Soft. I don't know what thye put in there but ants hate it.

Rebecca said...

Mix boric acid and sugar with just enough water to make it kinda thick syrupy and put it in a small container (like a drink cap) and put it in their path. They will find it and love it. Works for roaches too.

But make sure it's not where kids or pets can get it.

bella said...

Cinnamon... don't know why, but they will turn away from it.

Junniper, MPA said...

Ants are such a pain in the butt. [knock on wood] I haven't had to deal with ants in my apartment yet.

But you know what kills them pronto? Windex!

bella said...

Glad to hear you got a handle on the ants matter. But Junniper's Windex suggestion made me laugh thinking of My Big Fat Greek Wedding!