Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hands that Can/Genius


Hands that Can!
Originally uploaded by nieve44.

My friend figured out this board game @ Cracker Barrel in two tries. It always frustrates the heck out of me! He never ceases to amaze me! The board reads on the back that if you figure out the game by only ending up with 1 peg, you are a genius! Yesterday, I helped him & his wife put the rest of this fence together. Quite a task that I cannot even begin to imagine where to start. Oh, and did I mention that both he and his wife are blind! See couple here.

He is completely blind while his wife has limited vision and just graduated from college with honors AND has been accepted into Graduate school! In the years that I have known these two, I have never heard them complain about their disability, instead they re-define the word and amaze me and everyone that meets them with their ability!

5 comments:

Kym. said...

hm... and I don't even understand how this game works...
*grmpf*
Hey, Luz, I could use some help here too!!!
Kym.

Lumoto said...

What a charasmatic couple! My guess is they each supply super vitality to the other, bonded to an impenetrable force. How refreshing!

bella said...

I think I've seen that game before, but don't remember if I figured it out or not. Wonder if it's still around somewhere.

Cristina said...

I'm familiar witha larger version of that game. We used to have it at home and as a child I played endlessly with it. i once got to the end but I thought I had done some cheating unwittingly :P

Blind people are truly admirable.

Luz said...

Oprah's too busy admonishing people! After the ridiculous James Frey admonishment by Ms. Holier than Thou...I vowed to not watch another Oprah show!. Thanks for stopping by.