Friday, March 24, 2006

30 Something...

Here goes--30 random things about myself...

1. I love penguins.
2. I love music and have a pretty ecclectic collection of Cd's from country to rock, spanish, classical, new age, etc..
3. I have been to Europe and travelled through the countries of Austria, Germany, Italy, & France. I learned more in those 4 weeks than I did in 12 years of school!!
4. I have two degrees--Bachelor's & Master's--my greatest accomplishment!
5. I have received two other big accomplishments...Mentor of the Year, through the Big Brothers, Big Sisters mentoring program and Outstanding Counselor of the year where I work.
6. I love birds and currently have two parakeets--Angel & Cutie.
7. I have tons of jewelry--too much and most of it given to me by my mother. Thanks mom.
8. I would love to play in band.
9. I loathe summer...especially here in Houston!!!
10. I can make some killer chocolate peanut clusters! Yum, Yum.
11. I have had two roomates in my life and live with one now...Jane who I met in college and Corinne who is a doctor living in New York...who helped get me into college. Thanks, Corinne.
12. I enjoy camping!
13. I love to chew gum!
14. One of my best friends is Jeff and I have known him for 30+ years.
15. I'm usually very shy!!!
16. I love pens! My desk at work and home is full of pens!
17. While in Rome, I shook the hand of Mother Theresa.
18. I would love to fly jets and drive race cars!
19. I hate shopping!
20. Currently there are only two TV shows I watch...The Today Show and Grey's Anatomy. The other show I watch is on hiatus and can't wait for it to return....Commander in Chief!
21. During college, I used to work at the Houston Astrodome in the money room and one night we counted 1/2 a million dollars!!
22. Blue is usually my favorite color behind red.
23. I've had 4 surgeries in my life and in one surgery my wound became badly infected and I had to be hooked up to a machine for 6 weeks to allow the wound to heal. OUCH!!!!
24. I hope someday to own a house in the country.
25. I too have never fallen in love-yet and still my life is complete!!!
26. I spoil the heck out of my niece and nephews and this May my oldest nephew is graduating from HS and my gift to him is a trip to NYC.
27. Two years ago, I threw out my vanity and began coloring my hair! :-)
28. While I don't believe in plastic surgery...if I could I would get a breast lift.
29. I used to play tennis when I was in HS and had visions of being a tennis pro!
30. Bono of U2 is one of my favorite artists that I would love to meet and have lunch with! The man just exudes charisma..in my humble opinion! :-) Besides, I've already met Ottmar and we (fanmencos) all know he rocks!

Well, that was easier than I thought. Thanks to Caprichosa for the idea.

7 comments:

Kym. said...

And I can't wait to meet you!!
:)))))
Kym.

Adam Solomon said...

hehe. Oh, succumbing to peer pressure now, are we? ;) #1 is SO true. haha. Excellent way to start off!! And if you want to give me a trip to NYC as a high school graduation gift this summer, that would be lovely, although to be fair, getting me to the city isn't quite that difficult :)

bella said...

It's always fun to read posts like these! Music is a big part of my life too. You shook hands with Mother Theresa? Wow! I'm not a huge shopper either and have never been in love. Great post!

shyloh's poetry said...

Great Post Luz. Interesting...

Josie said...

I hate shopping,too!
What a brave woman. I could'nt fly jets and drive race cars I'm to afraid for this.
Come on play with me in
"The Fanmenco Band".

Junniper, MPA said...

Fabulous list! I'm glad it was easier for you than it was for me.

#5, that is so totally fabulous. You should get a medal.

#7, if you need somewhere to off-load that jewelry... ;)

#11, my roommate's name is Jane! She's a cat, but that still counts.

#25, you go girl.

Junniper, MPA said...

Why do I keep saying "fabulous"?