Sunday, December 04, 2005

Paint It Black

Paint it black he says on #6 in Little Wing
and so I do with a black eyeliner pencil
in my black moleskin journal,
then with a black unibal deluxe pen
and now in typed black ink on the screen.
So, black is the word of the day
and the color of the night.
Black is the color of skin,
Black is for bean...coffee bean.
Black is for leather.
Black is the color of Chulo.
Black is dark and can be bleak...
especially if you’re depressed or
if black clouds follow you all around.

Black is strong, black is bold,
black is stillness, it is quiet.
Black can make you blind at times.
Black can be magic, just ask Santana
about that “Black Magic Woman”.
Black is for dancing in the dark.
Black is for dreams…good and bad!
Black is for watching the moonlight
and that’s what I’ll do
as I close this blog and turn off the computer
and when I do the screen will once again be black.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Love it!

Borya said...

Black Stone Buleria - from Viva.