Friday, December 16, 2005

Heart Still/Beating


ottmar liebert(clarity of vision)
Originally uploaded by mRio.

Under a full moon
beneath the confines of the Verizon Theatre
Pavane's moon glowed with a wink from La Luna. Silence (No More Longing) fell upon the crowd and with the strumming of strings
and the magic of percussion hundreds of hearts became still yet were beating as one
as they weaved their Tango of music.
One by one we all joined in their Carrousel
and discovered exotic locations like Santa Fe, Goa, Sao Paulo, Barcelona and Bethlehem. After the Bells tolled we were taken to the Underworld
where we were introduced to the Snakecharmer.
Before we knew it we were floating and dancing to
to the beat of Le Cafe (Arabian Dance) and the Tango.
Once again Ottmar, Jon and the rest of the band
cast their Duende del Amor on the audience and this fanmenco was
all too sad to see it end so soon.


Nonetheless, sweet memories remain such an Ottmar photo pass
and a very prized setlist that was at the foot of Ottmar's chair.
Yes, Santa Claus came early and these two items will be tucked away
in my LE box.

A very special thanks to Mario (fellow fanmenco) for making the evening possible & for photo. To Kim & Jhon--2 budding fanmencos who attended their first Ottmar concert. By the way, during the concert I almost forgot I had my photo pass and camera in hand. I only took a few photos but my crappy little camera couldn't do much without a flash and I didn't want to abuse the rules--although we did see a few blinking flashes from the audience.

4 comments:

MT Callahan said...

HA! I love the way you captured the evening. Congratulations on the setlist.

qaminante said...

Sounds like a great concert - I'm afraid I'd never heard of Ottmar but I've been to a few flamenco shows in my time and love tango.
Fanmenco is a new word to me!

Victor said...

Cool, you shared the night with some new Fanmencos! And not so bad to forget about photos - Ottmar does tend to carry you away!

BTW, I was passing through the Houston aiport Thursday afteroon. Had I been thinking about the concert I might have "accidentally" missed my flight.

Junniper, MPA said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Luz!

-Jennifer