Saturday, December 10, 2005

Seven Wonders

Seven Wonders

A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the present "Seven Wonders of the World." Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:
1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall
While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student had not finished her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help."The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the 'Seven Wonders of the World' are:
1. to See
2. to Hear
3. to Touch
4. to Taste
5. to Feel
6. to Laugh
7. and to Love
The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that we take for granted are truly wondrous! A gentle reminder -- that the most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man.
After having had knee surgery, I am thankful for the gift of love and touch from that of my family, friends and loved ones. With the upcoming Ottmar concert I am thankful for the gift of seeing, hearing, feeling. At my friend's graduation party last night, I was thankful for the gift of laughter and taste--of all that wonderful food, drink and merriment.

6 comments:

MT Callahan said...

Great post. It's always good to step back and check on what we take for granted.

Junniper, MPA said...

I just went "Awwww" out loud. Great post. :)

Borya said...

Being touched is amazing. I have such a lack that it makes me shiver when a colleague touches me, no matter if male or female. Qué vergüenza!!

bella said...

Nice post... so true. Now I know how you found me... we have Junniper in commen :)

Luz said...

Boris...reach out and touch someone. You might be surprised how they respond. I take it there were no cute ladies to frisk you as you went through airport security. A great big fanmenco hug to you my friend.

Cristina said...

Perhaps I am a little too late but I really liked this post. Thanks, Luz :)