Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Post Op-Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty got put back together again on Monday
and more importantly the damage to my knee was not as
bad as previously thought, which is definitely good news.
Still, I don't see myself running marathons anytime soon
--not that I ever did!!!
Walking around on crutches is not fun--I almost fell yesterday and
going up the steps at my mom's was a task!
I have to remind myself to walk slow.
Thus, SLOW is the new word of the week!
Friends and family have been quick with well wishes and offers for help,
which is much appreciated. I've got nearly everything I need
...a few good books to read, a warm bed, an iPod full of music and a laptop from
which to connect to the internet. I have a bunch of DVD's I had rented
to watch but just found out this laptop isn't DVD friendly. :-(
Boris...if you're reading this I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of your NYC adventure
and meeting up with Ottmar! C'mon make Humpty Dumpty's day! :-)

6 comments:

MT Callahan said...

Good news! Speedy recovery to you. Hopefully you can enjoy the down time a little.

Just Me said...

Glad to hear everything went well!

Borya said...

Boris has some slow down of thinking after working days this week. Jetlag is a remarkable drug (but expensive). Guess, you are already pleased with what Adam posted. My additional thoughts, descriptions and photos will come on the weekend. No more backstage pics, though.

Junniper, MPA said...

Oh, poor Hop-Along. I hope you're getting good and spoiled and everyone's waiting on you hand and foot... or should I say knee? ;)

shyloh's poetry said...

Best wishes to you. Heal fast and enjoy much quiet time.

Wendy said...

Hi luz! I haven't been up on the blogging much lately...but I see you're getting around with crutches these days! I hope your knee heals up as good as new and slow is good sometimes. Congrats on your great tickets to see Ottmar, glad to hear it's your turn coming up. Take Care and enjoy.