Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Kimberly and Jhon...

God has led two lives
to take one path.
I just recieved a wedding invitation to my friend's wedding. The wedding will be March 12th @ 5:30 and she has asked me to be the maid of honor (again). I say that jokingly because this time I really am honored to be standing in her wedding. These two hold a special place in my heart as they are both blind but to look at them you would never know. Kim has some limitied vision--she lost normal eyesight some 10 years ago and Jhon has been completely blind since about the age of 24. They met while in college and have been together for about 2 years now. We have become good friends over the past few years and to be in their presence just illuminates my world in ways I cannot even begin to express. Quite frankly, they are two of my heroes. Kym and I have been busy the past few weekends getting ready for her big day. Her dress, my dress, the shoes, flowers, alterations, dinner reception, etc and the days are flying by quickly. As soon as I get some pictures, I will post them on the web site but I'm looking forward to a very special day as these two begin their joyful journey.

2 comments:

Junniper, MPA said...

What a nice story!

Kym. said...

It is indeed a nice story! Wish the lovely couple all the happiness and goodness!
Hey Luz, I feel much honoured that you spelled your friend's name with Y ;-) No, really, I can see how happy and anxious they are now... I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!
Love,
Kym.