Saturday, February 05, 2005

Crumbs

...you speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able but
I’m waiting on the crumbs from your table.
When I first heard the lyrics from U2's song it just hit home in so many ways. I blogged this to declare that I'm tired of waiting on the crumbs. Am I speaking of a relationship or lack of--perhaps, but these words could be applicable to the current government in D.C., to the CEO's of Corporate meltdowns...aka Enron who repeatedly fill their pocketbooks. The list could go and on. Any other situations where other bloggers feel these words could be applicable?

1 comment:

Borya said...

Listened to this song in a VW Beetle the day before yesterday. This morning I sung it under the shower. Especially the line "and you speak of signs and wonders". So frustrating to witness how mostly we fail because we don't get our expectations under the same hat. And what are those expectations anyway? Do we really know always?