Saturday, December 29, 2007

Azulito


Azulito
Originally uploaded by Nieve44/La Luz
Music: Our Last Farewell, Dan Fogelberg
Mood: tired and blue

I just got back from a quick trip to Corpus Christi. Driving at night can take a toll on you. I think though it was because we (my parents & myslelf) left with heavy hearts. Before we leave Corpus, we almost always stop at the cemetary to visit my brother and grandmother. This blue flower was at the tombstone of my grandmother. I found it laying by a tree all by itself and happily placed it on the tombstone. Afterwards, we walked across to the other side where my brother is and this is where the sadness comes in. We could not find his tombstone. We searched aimlessly for half an hour but to no avail. It seems the heavy rains shifted the soil and weeds and grass have taken over. My parents were so upset as was I. I ran over to the office, which was about to close. The woman promised that on Monday they will have the groundskeepers locate the tombstone and raise it. We hated to leave but it was getting late. So, tonight I am blue because I felt like we left him solito-all alone since we couldn't find him. I know it's just a tombstone we couldn't locate but still our hearts ache. Just so you know, I never really knew my brother (Armando) as he died at birth but he is the twin to my brother Arnold.
Still, he has always been in my heart. We didn't even tell Arnold what happened as he would be beside himself. Thank goodness he doesn't read this blog.

2 comments:

mario said...

My prayers are with Armando and the rest of the family Luci...very disturbing news

Kym. said...

I'm very sorry, Luz. I can feel your pain. But one thing is for sure: he's always with you - wherever you are, wherever the tombstone is.
Love,
Kym.