Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Film

Quote from one of my favorite movies...
~~~~~~~
Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will...
~~~~~~~~
Dancing's just a conversation between two people. Talk to me.
~~~~~~~
Can you name the film? Hint: it floats! One of my favorite scenes is the house that Justin is building. OMG, I want a house like that in the country. He ain't too bad of a dancer either! He could talk to me all he wants! My other favorite scene is the dance hall. Guessed the film yet? You can read about it here. I'm ready to take a roadtrip to Smithville!

Nice soundtrack as well, which I was listening to earlier. Yep, a cheesy way to spend Christmas evening
.

3 comments:

mario said...

Hope Floats

Rebecca said...

Cheesy aint so bad. :-)

I opened presents with the kids and got an unbelievable lens (from "the kids" but of course it was the first they had seen of it.... my ex bought it..... shock). Then they went to the other grandparents (ex-in-laws, where I am not welcome despite the fact that I didn't do anything to them *or* their son) so I stayed home and napped.... then went to see Sweeny Tood with my kids and ex Christmas night. Nothing like a musical about a mass murderer barber to round out a happy family holiday. :-)

Slight Clutter said...

Great quotes from a great movie! The scene that gets me from that movie is the one where the girl is screaming/bawling when the car is taking off. Ugh...terrific little actress there.