Sunday, March 18, 2007

Post-Spring Break


Originally uploaded by ggtem.
My niece and I had a wonderful trip to NYC (her High school graduation gift). We lucked out with the weather as it was relatively warm considering that days before temps were in the teens and after we left temps plummeted again bringing sleet and snow and thousands of stranded passengers at the airport. Now, it's back to reality...WORK! I'm so thankful that working in education affords a week off to enjoy some much needed R & R and more importantly some family bonding time. I have one more trip to make good on a promised gift as my youngest nephew-Martin will be the next graduate--but I have some time still as he has a few years to go. I have so enjoyed spending/spoiling my niece and nephews with their gifts as I know it will be a gift they will remember for a lifetime. Also, my hope is that these first trips will be the first of many travels in their lifetime. I have been blessed to be able to travel within the U.S., and abroad as well.

2 comments:

Junniper, MPA said...

How great! Not only will it be a great memory for them, but you as well! Lovely picture of the two of you.

qaminante said...

Lucky niece, and lucky you! Glad you both had a great time.