Sunday, February 19, 2006

Beautiful Racket

Mood: Laughing...listening to my dog snoring.
***********
So your day begins like this
Wondering what might have been
Old regrets and chances missed
Borne away on some lambent wind
The job's ok, but it doesn't inspire
Thoughts of leaving it all behind
You used to have dreams of setting the world on fire
All you want now is peace of mind
You do your dreaming in traffic jams
You do your running in shopping malls
You do your breathing the best you can
Between car pools and cell phone calls
Who cares, you'll never live in Paris
So what, you'll never travel by Lear
How do some of us learn what matters
While others never get to hear
such a beautiful racket, it whispers and roars
The bitter and sweet, between the truces and the wars
The noise and the quiet, the courage and the fear
And all of the wisdom between a smile and a tear
hold on, hold on...
***********
Now I'm off to meditate and find some peace of mind in between the beautiful racket of trains, car alarms, and my chihuahua snoring. BTW, I have been to Paris, never travelled by Lear--yet! I loathe shopping malls! I do my running chasing after my dog. My job does inspire! Yes, a few regrets and lots of chances missed but I don't do my breathing between car pools and cell phone calls. I do my dreaming by candlelight, reading, music, blogging, and writing in my moleskine. At 46, I have finally realized what matters and I consider myself blessed.

6 comments:

Borya said...

I'd sell my Learjet immediately for the chance to live in Paris.

Just Me said...

I think I know what really matters....but sometimes getting there is a whole other issue.

Luz said...

Alas, I still have those moments at times. We're only human! Borya, I'd sell a Lear to live in Italy! BTW, the Austrians did it again on the downhill!

Just Me said...

2007....I plan on visiting Paris and Italy...in May...anyone want to join me?

Junniper, MPA said...

You know, I tried to win the Powerball last week, but it just didn't work out. I was bummed. ;)

shyloh's poetry said...

I am with just me. I know but the getting there seems out of reach at times.