Saturday, September 24, 2005

Safe and Sound...

...the day after the storm and happy to report that Houston faired pretty well. My family is all fine thank goodness and better yet no loss of power. Some friends of mine have lost power and I feel for them. The past few days have been filled with anxiety and have been very stressful. I haven't had a good night's sleep and hoping that tonight I can catch up on some. Thanks to all who stopped by and sent their thoughts and prayers our way. I have a favor to ask though...please send them to our neighbors in Beaumont/Port Arthur & the Louisiana/Texas state line area as unfortunately, they bore the brunt of the storm. The pictures we have seen have been dismal as once again mother nature has shown us who is in charge.

4 comments:

MT Callahan said...

Good to hear you're safe.

Kym. said...

Ditto. Good to know everything is alright with you and your family. The Mother Nature is sometimes too harsh on us...
Kym.

Wendy said...

That's for sure...luz I am happy to hear all is well. The hardships are not over for all, what a task ahead to rebuild, relocate, rethink...

shyloh's poetry said...

I am so glad you are ok. I have some friends that are in the flooding area now. I pray they are doing well. No word for two days now. (sniff).