Saturday, September 10, 2005

In Memorium


In Memorium
Originally uploaded by nieve44.

Music: Tears in the Rain, Ottmar Liebert
Mood: Heartache


Hard to believe that another year has come and gone. This pic is from a snow globe that was given to me by a friend and sits on my window sill. I was playing around with the camera and this picture came up. Very eerrie...like a mirage. Ironically, there's a tag on the bottom of this which reads: "Made in Hong Kong". Well, the globe may well be made in Hong Kong but the towers were in built in NYC. They may be gone now but their light still shines bright.

I have another picture of New York that hangs over my bed. It's one of my favorites of the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset with the twin towers in the foreground. New York has always held a special place in my heart as one of my dear friends is from NY. She was my old roomate and who is now a doctor...Pathologist to be exact. She was one of the many Pathologists who worked tiredlessly to bring closure to so many families. I haven't heard from her in a while and I suspect she may be in New Orleans as I heard that there is a team of Pathologists from across the country bringing closure to familes who lost loves ones in that disaster. She remains one of my biggest heroes.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Sometimes on the weekends I lose track of days & dates. Thank you for reminding me that today is the 11th - may we never forget.

The first time I visited NYC was a year after the tragedy. Standing at ground zero the cold November wind whipped around us, swirling 'round the crater in front of us & then enveloping us. It felt like ghosts reaching out to touch us.

Last year when I returned we disembarked the subway at the station that is right in the center of ground zero. It felt very bizarre, but life goes on.