Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Laughter...


Laughter Posted by Hello
Music:Silence
Mood: Retrospective
Sometimes it can feel like life is clobbering us and so how do we fight back? Simple...with laughter. I've been in a retrospective mood these days leading up to my 45th birthday and sometimes we can get too contemplative and possibly retreat from the world around us. Last night I was reading my magazine from Curves and came across the article, "Laugh Out Loud". I found myself asking, how many times do I laugh out loud? I can tell you that it's not enough. Studies have shown that laughter is an aerobic mental workout of sorts and that it can enhance problem solving and creativity, ease relationships and protect our sanity. Hence, "she who laughs, lasts." I remembered that I had this picture from my trip to New Orleans and for the life of me I can't remember what I was laughing at...at the time. No matter, but I want it to serve as a reminder to take life a little less serious and instead find ways to add laughter into my life.

No comments: