Friday, October 01, 2004

Crunch time

Music: "Don't Know Why" by Norah Jones
Mood: Sleepy


Today is October 1st, which is one of my favorite months for various reasons. 1): it signifies the end of Summer and the beginnings of the Fall season, 2): it's crunch time...when acorns are falling like tiny little bombs from the trees above, when they explode onto the ground and split apart and lay in abundance on the ground. I love to take walks during this time and hear the crunch of the acorns underneath my shoes. It's the dance of the fall season in my own little house of fun where I dance in every direction gleefully be it night or day just to hear that crunching sound. Now, whenever you come across a bed of strewn acorns feel free to join in the fall dance. If you're not sure where to find them, follow the north wind which will surely bring you to your fun-filled destination.

4 comments:

Kym. said...

I like this time of the year, too. Fresh air, getting a bit chilly... + the beautifully coloured autumn leaves... I had this morning, during the walk with Fox, 2 acorns fell on my head (auch!).
BTW, congratulations with the OL concert tickets! It is really a magical experience to be there. Enjoy!
Kym.

Borya said...

Today I was driving past some tress which wore the colours light green, dark green, orange and red. Although I don't like the early darkness (or let's say, the late sunrise in the morning) and people tend to get moody in my region especially in November, I like the colours, I like the wet grass and tress in the mroning and evening, I like the foggy clouds in the mountains and even hanging in the valleys in the morning hours, I like the acorns (I wish I wouldn't make myself silly collecting them like a child!), I like dressing a bit more, I like long pullovers and good shoes, I like to breathe the fresh air, I like looking out of the window when it rains, I even like walking in the rain (as long as it is not flooding our house)......look out for some autumn storeis and maybe pics in my blog in the upcoming weeks!!

Ahem, I know that I'm getting on everybodies nerves but: what about taking some photos at your OL show? :-) I will always be thankful for what Kiyomi took and I think she has a talent in taking photos, but of course I don't want you to make such a lot of photos. And if you are too tipsy or want to concentrate on OL (saw? He plays La Luna!) during the show, just take some of the surroundings, the entrance etc. I know from your flickr account that you can take beautiful pics too!

Luz said...

Borya,
Unfortunately, the venue where Ottmar is playing is a camera free place. Thus, I doubt I will even get to use my camera phone. I was hoping that Ottmar was going to do an in-store performance but he announded today that the one in Florida was the last one. :-( Think, I could get a backstage pass?! I WISH!! Not as lucky as Adam or Kym was. Heck, I'd even settle for a set list. Might have a better chance at that? Keep your fingers crossed.

Luz said...

Danny...great website btw! Seems like a nice place to live.