Friday, October 22, 2004

ADOPTION


Kraig&Michele
Originally uploaded by nieve44.
Music: In the Arms of Love-Lullabies 4 Children + Adults by Ottmar Liebert
Mood:
lullabied

Friends of mine-Kraig & Michele have just updated their online adoption website http://www.parentprofiles.com/profiles/db13646.html. Just hearing what they've been going through in order to adopt has been heartwearming. How can it be that every year so many women choose abortion over adoption when there are so many couples seeking babies? Some of this hits close to home as I too am unable to have children and I've pretty much come to terms with it but I still have my moments. Moments like this when tears will well up in my eyes as the bandaid across my heart tears open and exposes the void in my heart. Over the years, I've filled this void by becoming a mentor and being blessed to be an aunt 3 times over as well as being bestowed "honorary aunt"! It sure would be nice to add one more to my list. So here's to you Kraig and Michele and the new bundle of joy that I pray will be at your doorstep very soon. BTW...I already know what gift to buy for the joyous event--which is the music I am listening 2 at the moment.

1 comment:

Kym. said...

I don't know much about other countries, but in the Netherlands there are very strict criteria to be able to adopt an child. I understand there should be, of course. Sometimes I wonder, though, if the biological mother automatically the best for the baby... I mean, the situation is different with every one ot the cases. But, for instance, here in Holland, the "future parents" of an adopted child must take lessons/a course to be good parents but the biological parents not. For some cases, the biological parents need to learn more than a couple that so eagerly want to adopt a child. That's, at least, what I think.
Kym.