Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Toast


A Toast
Originally uploaded by Nieve44/La Luz

"Thank you home, for allowing me to live within your walls.


Thank you for giving me shelter, warmth, and security.


Thank you for allowing me to live my life in your womb, for staying strong and sturdy, for supporting me, and for your beauty.


Thank you earth, for the land that I live on and for allowing me to steward life with you.


Thank you for allowing me to walk upon your soil, cultivate you, and live in partnership with you.


Thank you for supporting my home and my family.


Thank you... plants, minerals, and animals that dwell on the land that I steward.


Thank you for allowing me to experience your beauty, share in your wonderment of life, and for the honor of living with all of you on this earth.


Thank you for the wisdom and joy you bring to humanity.


I honor you."

taken from Daily Om.

Celebrating a year in my year my house and just finished painting the last room, so a celebration was in order. Special thanks go out to my parents and family for their endless support and help. To my friends who have been so instrumental in the past year from the very first day to now and you know who you are. I have been truly blessed and as the days and months go by I am mystified by all the signs that brought me to where I am today and it all started here. Tomorrow, I will begin working on my new altar (now that my meditation room is painted) and he will take his rightful place for I truly believe that he brought me here. As I close this blog and get ready to meditate, I am listening to "Silence: No More Longing" by Ottmar Liebert and it is a fitting tribute in which to honor this special day.


No comments: