Thursday, January 01, 2009

Red Hill

This Exotic Angel plant called my name yesterday and he was on clearance for $1.00. I happily brought him home to be my chosen plant for 2009. Within the dirt are the cut up pieces of my letter for the new year that lists my dreams, hopes and desires for 2009. More info about plant here. I knew nothing about this plant when I bought it but I love the explanation which fits me to a tee in the description of home decor: eclectic.

Last night I had a ceremonial smudge which celebrates "in with the new and out with the old" that includes a letter in reference to the past year. In the the letter I offer healing and hope to myself and for others and ask for forgiveness to those that I've hurt in the past year. This is my fourth year to do so and I look forward to the quiet time before celebrating the new year.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Interesting idea planting your goals and dreams and watching them grow along with the plant.