Monday, January 21, 2008

Honky Tonk Crowd



Originally uploaded by Nieve44/La Luz

Howdy Folks

Yep, it's that time of the year here in H-Town and here comes the rodeo where all cowboy and cowgirl wanna be's (me included) get all duded up for one of the biggest rodeos in the country. Some of the biggest country stars come into town for three weeks of star-studded performances. Years ago, I used to work the rodeo and in doing so I got hooked on country music, thanks to George Strait! ;-) Nobody sings a country ballad like George. I've been digging out my old cd's and listening to some of that good old country sound...you know that crying in your beer music! Some of it cracks me up sometimes! I don't think I'll be going to the rodeo this year and I don't listen to the music as much as I used to but it's been fun listening and reminiscing...especially all those Rodeo cookoffs.

No comments: