Monday, April 27, 2015

Buddha's Flower - 4 My Sister



Title appropriately borrowed from song by Ottmar Liebert



So on day two in Holland, I met up with my fanmenco sis Kym.    We trekked by train and bus to get to Keukenhof where this photo was taken by some Asian sisters who asked that we take their photo for them.  I wonder where they were from?  Our boots were made for walking and after Keukenhof we hopped a train and spent the afternoon in Utrecht.

Needless to say my trip had come full circle in that meeting up with Kym was the intent of my return to Europe.  Kym and I go way back and Ottmar Liebert is the reason we became friends back in 2004 and we met up in Seattle in Spring 2006 for an Ottmar Liebert concert. She's been to Houston twice and so I promised a trip to Holland as I had been looking for a reason to return to Europe.  Last summer a co-worker and I began talking about traveling to Europe in summer 2015 but summer is peak travel season and thus Spring become the next option.  Also, our travel group quickly grew to five--the more the merrier!  Originally, I only wanted to travel through Holland and Germany for a ten day trip but we got such a bargain money wise for our trip and all the planning beforehand came to fruition in our seven days of travel.   I convinced Kym to join us in traveling to Cologne, Germany and six of us gals laughing, drinking and sightseeing not to mention partaking in the wonderful food was such a blast.  Blessed to have such great friends/sisters near and far and thankful such wonderful memories from our trip.

No comments: