Saturday, January 12, 2013

Slow burn

Slow burn by Nieve44/Luz
Slow burn, a photo by Nieve44/Luz on Flickr.
Chapter 2 of 2013.

Zen-inspired " I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality" Anon

It's been a long first two weeks of January and then I worked last Saturday. Don't get to see much daylight going in early and leaving late as well as feeling sleep deprived. So feeling like my candle has been burning at both ends but finally last night I got home early and got the chance to catch my breath. I love sitting out on the patio as the sun is going down and engaging in the ritual purification of burning incense, which cleanses my body, soul and spirit. Also, the burning of incense keeps the mosquitoes away!

My incense canister is always full of incense from the cheapest to expensive. Last night's burn was rose and the scent was heavenly.  The glowing ember & smoke take me away to another realm. One word to describe this is Enlightenment!

On my Twitter account I follow Zen Moments and the above quote was borrowed from them and the quote below best describes the slow burn process....

"Enlightenment is ego's ultimate disappointment. ~ Chogyam Trungpa http://v.ht/av..."

I love that! :-)

Here's some great music for the listening-Smoke.

No comments: