Thursday, June 19, 2008

Take it Easy

Tomorrow, Friday is the Summer Solstice and some of you may be embarking on a road trip in the coming weeks and if so be sure to take it easy. One of my fellow bloggers is hitting the road and I wish I were doing the same but no time and money--for freaking gas! I told my friend to be sure and throw some good tunes in the car for the road as that's what I do whenever I hit the road. So what tunes would you/do you throw into the car on a road trip? Mine would include a few of these:

1. Anything by Ottmar Liebert but probably Opium and The Scent of Light
2. Eagles - Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975
3. Stephen Duros-Thira
4. Mana-Suenos Liquidos
5. Santana's Greatest Hits
6. Mary Chapin-Carpenter, Time*Sex*Love
7. George Strait- Somewhere Down in Texas
8. Tish Hinojosa- Frontejas
9. Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run
10. U2- 18 Singles

There would be others but I these would be my top 10. So go on and take it to the limit. Happy Summer Solstice!

2 comments:

Desert Diva said...

I love the Eagles and now I have "The Scent of Light" to listen to. I wrote you a "message" on my blog, and will follow up with a personal note by snail mail.

As for gas, I think it will be cheaper to travel than to go to therapy - seriously!

Thanks again...

Sandi said...

Hi. Found you on Desert Diva's blog. There are few things that make a road trip more fun than a rousing rendition of Hotel California by the Eagles! My husband and I just finished a road trip to Tucson and we blasted that song more than a few times.