Saturday, July 28, 2007

Running on Empty


Running into the Sun
Originally uploaded by nieve44

Running on - running on empty
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun
But I'm running behind

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
I look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too


For the past two weeks, I've been running behind, barely running into the sun and running on empty! I'm fininshing up my second week of working an extra part-time job and filling in for another person who is on vacation. Tomorrow, Sunday marks the 14th day of long hours of running back and forth between my regular job and the part-time job and running blindly. Thankfully, I"m on vacation the upcoming week and looking forward to some down time. Time to sleep, breathe, detox, and catch up with friends and loved ones. Even Chulo has been missing me.

More importantly, I'm finishing up my recovery period from my foot surgery. Just this past Thursday, I had the pin taken out of my toe and yes, it did hurt but was not excrutiating. So, now it's just one more week of walking with the stupid shoe but for now the toe is just bandaged and I only have to wear a sock to protect the foot. So, by next Friday if you see a shoe floating down the bayou you'll know its mine! ;-)

3 comments:

Kym. said...

"Walk, don't run"... ("Don't even walk, just stand still for a while", Fox would say... ;)
Take it easy, Luz. I hope you can slow down a bit this coming week.
Enjoy your vacation!
:)
Kym.

mario said...

And Sleep late!

qaminante said...

Well you will enjoy your vacation all the more for all this activity. Get well soon!