Thursday, May 18, 2006

Waves


Seattle Bay Waters
Originally uploaded by nieve44.

Word of the day: Waves
Mood: Floating
Music: Amarantine, Enya

**********

****************

...but now I know that our world is no more permanent than a wave rising on the ocean. Whatever our struggles and triumphs, however we may suffer them, all too soon they bleed into a wash, just like watery ink on paper.

Just finished reading, "Memoirs of a Geisha" and the above quote was taken from the last paragraph of the book. Can't wait to see the movie now! Now off to write on my moleskine...but think I'll use a pencil! ;-)

5 comments:

Junniper, MPA said...

I need to read that book again--I had to read it for a class, and it's just not as much fun if you have to analyze it! :)

bella said...

Love the word of the day, the mood, the music, and the book.... A+

Just Me said...

Just read this on the beach in Florida: I couldn't put it down. Beautifully written.

Ana said...

I loved loved that book!! You kinna have to watch the movie twice to like it, and don't forget to watch the documentary; I got a very strong urge to cry when I watched it!

carolina

Cristina said...

I have been wanting to comment on this entry for ages. Weird things kept happening though.

I haven't read the book and despite the many good things I have heard about it I can't say it appeals to me.

I'm still in awe of my Moleskines. I only use them for very special things. And I have a Paperblank engraved with a page of Jane Eyre on the cover that I can never use. I wish I could but I know it has to be soemthing *very* special or I will hate myself for ruining it.