Saturday, October 01, 2005

Quote of the Day...

Music: It's Impossible, Perry Como
Mood: Retrospective
You must do the things
You think you cannot.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
********
******
****
**
*
Several months ago, I downloaded the above song as it's one of my mom's favorites. I love some of these classics and I can remember her singing some of these songs whenever she is cleaning or washing the dishes. She has a beautiful voice that I wish I could record. Anyway, I was listening to this song when I came across this quote on my calendar. I was turning the page to October, which is my favorite month of the year. It signals a change in season's (although you don't really feel it here in Houston) and the turning of a page. Daylight gives way to nightime earlier which bring about the North winds. I feel a change within coming from the north wind, which may take me on a path of unfamiliar territory. Part of me is thinking that I cannot but then I turn a page and I am reminded that I can.

1 comment:

shyloh's poetry said...

What a lovely story. I enjoyed it a lot. Brought back lots of memories remembering my mom.

Thanks.